- Do you allow foreign (non-slovenian) producers to join your collective scheme?
The foreign entity can not register in national register. We can make only three party contract between importer-your company-ZEOS, where you will supervise the system and pay the costs, but importer will be oficially obliged. We have this solution for the lamps. But your importer have to agree.
In annual report ZEOS 2008, where you can find also other informations as well as list of our members, where you can check your importers.
- Do you see any other possibility, how the German company could take-over the WEEE obligations in Slovenia voluntary?
For the lamps we have three party contract between ZEOS - local importer - German company, for example ZEOS - MERKUR (retail) - PHILIPS.
In this case the local company does not pay the fee, but foreign company. All other documents (registration, permits, reports) are prepared in the name of local importer.
- Is it possible for the Slovenian legal entity of the IT company to become a member of ZEOS instead of their Slovenian distributors and to take over their WEEE obligations?
Only legal entity with status "producer" in Slovenia can register in national register and gain application. But financial responsibility can be fulfil with the 3-party contract between ZEOS, local company and IT company abroad.
For further information please contact us!
- How often do your members have to report the quantites to you, they put on the local market?
From 1.1.2009 onwards twice per year, 20th of July for first half of year and 20th of January for second half of the year.
- Do you have the national law of the WEEE implementation in Slovenia available in English?
No, but if it will be necesary, we can translate it.
- What are the current fee for a) joining ZEOS, b) take-back and recycling of kategorie 4 and c) registration with the national register?
There is no fee for joining ZEOS only fee for each product put on the market. The price list you will find together with attached agreement. There is only aditional environmental tax (for the cost of autority) to the custom office in the approximate level 0,8 eurocent per kilogram of equipment put on the market.
- If I would send you a list with Slovenian distributors / importers, could you tell me, if these companies are already a member with you?
If you send us the list, we will check if they are registered at the Custom office, if they have environmental registration at the Environmental agency and if they are fulfilling the obligation (joining the collective scheme).
- Who is in charge of the transport between our custumer and the recycling facilities : ZEOS or our company?
If the quantity of WEEE is more than 1 ton, ZEOS is transporting the waste (free of charge), if the quantity is less than 1 ton, company.
- Who is in charge of the reporting?
Producer have to report to the Environment Agency, but ZEOS is reporting in behalf of producers. We will report until 31.3.2009 for the year 2008.
- How much does the prestation cost (Membership cost and price/weight for medical devices)?
There is no membership cost. The fee for EEE put on the market is calculatied per piece, and depand on the category. For medical devices is 0,04 or 0,3 EUR/piece.
- Are you offering B2B recycling?
- When are we suppose to pay for the recycling : when we deliver the medical device to the client or at the end of the life cycle?
ZEOS is collecting WEEE from all municipalities (59 points), ZEOS collection points (45), retailers (100 points) or directly pick up by ZEOS. Our new web-sides are preparing, hope it will be finish end of month. All mentioned collectioned will be easy to find.
- Are you services concerns the battery directive ?
ZEOS is preparing all documents for take-back scheme for waste batteries. At the same time we are building collection and treatment process. We have already signed a lot of agreements with producers to take over the producer responsibilities on treatment of waste batteries.Price list will be set on behalf of producers as soon we will have all calculations.
- Can you give me some information about ZEOS in Slovenia for the WEEE and the Battery directive ?
ZEOS in non profit organisation, established by the most representative producers in June 2005. Among them is for the lamps also General Electric. We started with collection in Feb. 2007. We are collecting all 10 WEEE categories also B2B. End of 2008 we had membership contract with 186 companies, representing from 60 to 95 % of the EEE, depend from category. We are the member of WEEE Forum since 2006. In 2007 we collected 1,65 kg of WEEE/inh. and in 2008 collected amount was 2,1 kg/inh.
The contract for 2009 you will find in attachment. Members can be only local legal entity in Slovenia. But it can be sign also 3 party contract between ZEOS, local entity and foreign company (like GE). In tis way we have contracts for lamp sector.
The national law for batteries is out since July 2008. Producers have to be operational from 26.9.2009 onwards. ZEOS will be operational also on waste batteries.
- How is "Producer" defined in your country?
"Producer" means any person who, irrespective of the selling technique used, including sales through the worldwide web or the internet in accordance with the regulations covering consumer protection:
– produces and sells batteries under his own brand,
– resells under his own brand batteries produced by other suppliers, a reseller not being regarded as the producer if the brand of the original producer appears on the equipment, as provided for in the previous indent, or
– imports or exports batteries into or from the territory of the Republic of Slovenia on a professional basis. If the batteries are not made on the territory of the Republic of Slovenia the producer's representative in the Republic of Slovenia is regarded as producer;
- Is battery registration (in addition to WEEE registration) required for 'embedded' batteries? (ie: button cell batteries, soldered inside the EEE)
Battery registration for 'embedded' batteries is also required.
- Is it possible for entities located external to the EU to register in your country?
No. Also the entities from EU can not register in Slovenia. Only Slovenian entities can register.
- Is it possible for entities located external to the EU to register on BEHALF of a "Producer" (ie: an in-country distributor?)
No. In this case in-country distributor is treated as a "Producer" and has to be registered.
- Who is responsible for registration when there are internet sales direct to End-User? (ie: Canadian company selling via internet direct to End-User)
This possibility is not forseen in actual Rules of WEEE management, but will be in revised version.
a. In the case of Internet sales, if the non-EU company is required to register, must that non-EU company obtain a local VAT # in order to fulfill registration?
- In the case where a non-EU company has an in-country sales person only with no legal entity and no VAT #, who is responsible for registration? (ie: sales person makes the sale, then tells the non-EU company where to direct ship to End-User)
In that case the End-User is responsible for registration.
- How are distance sales handled? B2B? B2C? Is the exporter or customer expected to fulfill "Producer" functions?
Distant sales is not regulated in actual Rules of WEEE management. Importer has to fulfill "Producer" functions.
- What differences exist (if any) for a "small producer” and how is this status defined?
There is no regulation for a "small producer".
Fax: 01 366 85 82
Phone: 01 366 85 42
waste lamps management
Phone: 01 366 86 03
accounting and administration
Phone: 01 366 85 41
waste electrical and electronic equipment and batteries collection and management
Phone: 01 366 86 04