In October 2019, the Municipality of Ljubljana held an awareness-raising prize campaign "Bring back old batteries", in which we collected waste batteries and portable accumulators. With the campaign, we wanted to encourage citizens to deal more responsibly with such small, but still dangerous waste, and with the help of the campaign, raise awareness among the general public about this topic.
38 elementary schools in Ljubljana participated in the campaign.
In the campaign, we collected:
* primary schools alone, almost 11 tons of waste batteries
* individuals an additional 3.5 tons of waste batteries
The following three schools won:
* OŠ VIČ = maximum waste batteries per school (1,291.3 kg)
* OŠ SPODNJA ŠIŠKA = maximum waste batteries per student (2.43 kg of batteries per student)
* OŠ VALENTINA VODNIKA = the most innovative campaign communication through its channels
More about action
As part of this activity, we also carried out:
* prize competition "Make a homemade collector for waste batteries"
* collection of waste batteries with the help of certain taxpayers and other companies